Friday, March 15, 2013

Dwell

The word dwell has inundated our home lately. There are so many Scripture references encouraging us to dwell in the Lord and His Word.



Psalm 27:4-5
One thing I ask from the Lord,
this only do I seek: 
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord 
all the days of my life, 
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord 
and to seek him in his temple.  
For in the day of trouble 
he will keep me safe in his dwelling
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent 
and set me high upon a rock. 


Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. 
He makes me lie down in green pastures, 
he leads me beside quiet waters, 
he refreshes my soul. 
He guides me along the right paths 
for his name’s sake. 
Even though I walk 
through the darkest valley, 
I will fear no evil, 
for you are with me; 
your rod and your staff, 
they comfort me. 
You prepare a table before me 
in the presence of my enemies. 
You anoint my head with oil; 
my cup overflows. 
Surely your goodness and love will follow me 
all the days of my life, 
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord 
forever.



Here is a song I wrote in 2002 titled Dwell




DWELL

I know this journey really isn’t long
But right now I’m just standin’ still.
Time is frozen, my heart is numb;
Waitin’ takes patience I know I don’t have.
I need to see Your prints in something.
I need to hear Your voice in my ear.
I need to feel Your touch around me.
I’m ready to receive You, my Lord.

And He said, “Dwell, lay back and relax;
My feathers are covering you.
That is why you can’t see
Under My wings you find refuge;
That is why you are still.
You don’t need to move; I move for you.
Because you love me I will rescue you.
Whoever dwells in the shelter of Me,
Rests in my shadow.  Dwell, you see;
Dwell, my love, dwell in Me,
And I in your heart will dwell forever.”

(We will) Dwell (dwell), dwell together
Dwell (dwell), dwell together
Dwell (dwell), dwell together forever.
 Amber Dawn Sabia,  April 2002


The definition of dwell is:
dwell (dwl)

intr.v. dwelt (dwlt) or dwelleddwell·ingdwells
1. To live as a resident; reside.
2. To exist in a given place or state: dwell in joy.



I am praying that we all dwell in the Lord. Let us live and exist in Him. The beauty is that He also dwells in us!



No comments:

Post a Comment